Oggi è 08/09/2024, 1:25
Messaggi senza risposta | Argomenti attivi

Rispondi all’argomento  [ 880 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
[2017/...] JaysonTatum #0 
Autore Messaggio
History of team

Messaggio Re: [2017/...] JaysonTatum #0
Notizia fondamentale: Jt si è tagliato i capelli ed è tornato al taglio che aveva da rookie.

I maligni potrebbero pensare che sia perchè in nazionale pare che un certo muflone non accetti di partire dalla panchina e che il nostro debba fargli da backup...

:fischio:

08/07/2024, 19:01
Profilo
History of team

Parlando di cose più serie, Tatum racconta a Sport Illustrated di una sua fondazione per aiutare i ragazzi dell'area di St. Louis nel gestire il denaro:

The course, part of Tatum’s partnership with SoFi, a financial services company, is the latest step Tatum is taking toward providing athletes with the tools and information to create a strong financial future. Last February, SoFi gifted Tatum’s foundation to create generational wealth that will help St. Louis–area home buyers with down payments. In Vegas, Tatum’s goal is to provide financial guidance to young athletes. Walsh’s lecture addresses the relationship young athletes currently have with money. He asks them to embrace the grind of personal finances. And he encourages them to make decisions that put them in position to control their own destiny.
"When you start to get money, it’s like you become a target,” Tatum says. “You’re a young kid with this new-found wealth, and people want to take advantage of that. Your ignorance or you being young, and you really got to surround yourself with the right people to help look out for you.
Watching Cole, Tatum learned the value of a dollar. When Tatum, then 19, turned pro, Cole became his unofficial financial adviser. As a rookie, Tatum signed a four-year, $30 million contract. Cole insisted he didn’t spend a nickel of it. “I’m very grateful that I had my mom in my life,” Tatum says. “She didn’t have money, but our whole idea was like, ‘Yo, we’re going to save this first contract. We’re going to live off endorsement money.’ So even to this day, I save all my NBA money and live [off] all my endorsements. And I understand that I’m one of the few guys that may be fortunate enough to live like that. But just having that mindset when you get to the NBA, that it’s not going to last forever. You still have to save for the rest of your life when you get done playing.”

08/07/2024, 19:57
Profilo
History of team

Il nostro Tatum sembra proprio essersi tolto la scimmia dalla spalla:

Jayson Tatum: “For me, the most satisfying thing about winning is, in the social media age that we live in, and turn on the TV, there are so many things that they can debate. Right? Is he the best player? Is he top five? Or whatever. They can’t debate that I won a championship. That’s something that they never can take from me. I sleep so much better at night because it did. It would keep me up and it’s like, I don’t care. I honestly don’t care what they say anymore. It’s like, yo, I did it. The thing that they said I couldn’t do, I did it, and they can’t take that away.”

“When you have success early, they just think you’re so much older than you are. There was so much talk of like, ‘our window has closed.’ It was like, I just turned 26, and Jaylen Brown is 27. They say you don’t hit your prime until you’re 28, but we were just held to a different standard because, in my rookie year, we played LeBron in a Game Seven to go to the finals.”

16/07/2024, 12:43
Profilo
History of team

Si, credo sia cosi, ora dovrebbe giocare più sereno e di conseguenza essere mortifero!
:hf:

16/07/2024, 13:33
Profilo
History of team

Tatum è diventato più popolare di Trump ormai ed è sui media quotidianamente
E' finito questa settimana sulla copertina di Sport Illustrated dove ha fatto diverse dichiarazioni:

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status ... Frumors%2F

Qui dice di essersi divertito molto per tutta la storia dei meme che lo riguardano.
Poi però ha detto anche cose più serie ed importanti, soprattutto legate al suo rapporto nel tempo con Brown, a come sia nato, come si sia evoluto e consolidato:

Jayson Tatum will cop to some missteps over the years. But he insists he never wanted Jaylen Brown to be traded. “Most stars don’t make a conference finals until they are 27, 28,” Tatum says. “We were doing it when we were 19, 20.” He does admit, however, that he could have been more vocal.
“I’ve always told him that maybe I could have done a better job of voicing my feelings in the public eye,” Tatum says. “He always knew that I wanted him here. I would always tell him like, ‘Man, I don’t get involved with any of those talks.’ I never went to [Celtics president of basketball operations] Brad Stevens or went to any player like, ‘Yo, I want this guy in, I want this guy out of here.’ I show up and I want to do my job and play basketball. And looking back on in those moments, I didn’t know how that could affect somebody, because I was never in that situation. I feel like maybe I could have done a better job of publicly saying, ‘No, we don’t want anybody, we want JB.’ I just was always like, ‘I want to stay out of it.’ ”
Over the years, Tatum has often been first to collect the accolades: All-Star, All-NBA. As teammates, they are friendly. As high-level wing players, they are, at times, competitors. Tatum recalls a stretch during the 2019–20 season, when both knew they were battling for one All-Star spot. Tatum got it. “And I knew he was happy for me,” Tatum says. “But when you are a competitor, you want what’s in front of you.” Similarly, Tatum wanted Finals MVP this year. But to see Brown get recognized, Tatum says, “made me genuinely happy.” “I feel like he has gotten a short end of the stick, whether it’s All-Star selections or All-NBA,” Tatum says. “I feel like he, in a sense, made up for some of those shortcomings that people didn’t vote him for. I was happy that he got it.”
The criticism has quieted now. The trade chatter is gone. Tatum and Brown are locked up for the foreseeable future. It’s not exactly the yin and yang dynamic Cousy and Russell enjoyed, but during the postseason Tatum led the Celtics in points, rebounds and assists. Brown distinguished himself with his defense on Luka Doncic in the Finals. “We’ve figured out that we need each other,” Tatum says. “We have learned how to coexist. And we know we need to be the best version of ourselves in order for all of this to work. We weren’t necessarily the best playmakers early in our careers but we developed into guys that really bleed the game. We want to be a great example of guys that play on both ends as a floor and guys who are the best teammates that we can be.”

26/07/2024, 9:32
Profilo
History of team

Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta

-----------------------------------------------

per me l'erba del vicino non potrà mai essere più verde del verde celtics

26/07/2024, 14:07
Profilo
History of team

rajondivivre ha scritto:

Ciao Costa!
Dici?
:D

26/07/2024, 15:55
Profilo
History of team

ilcrispo ha scritto:
rajondivivre ha scritto:

Ciao Costa!
Dici?

Sai come la penso :dd:

-----------------------------------------------

per me l'erba del vicino non potrà mai essere più verde del verde celtics

26/07/2024, 20:54
Profilo
History of team

rajondivivre ha scritto:
ilcrispo ha scritto:
rajondivivre ha scritto:

Ciao Costa!
Dici?

Sai come la penso :dd:

Lo so lo so :D

26/07/2024, 21:53
Profilo
Star

Intervista al nostro Big Deuce :heart :heart :heart

Jayson Tatum discusses ‘debate’ over Olympic benching, Celtics’ NBA title and more
Jared Weiss
Aug 29, 2024

Some things never change for Jayson Tatum. As his career has continued to ebb and flow, there has been one constant: Tatum finds himself at the center of conversation.

He broke onto the NBA scene as an impressive role player when he was 19, only to oscillate in the public eye between auspicious and overhyped. Leading the Boston Celtics to a title in June gave him a championship pass, a final word to put questions of his stardom to bed.

But it took just a few weeks for the conversation to start again. This time, the tenor was different. As a member of Team USA, Tatum (alongside Pacers guard Tyrese Haliburton) didn’t make it off the bench in the Olympics opener against Serbia. Though Tatum played in four of the other five games — he sat again against Serbia in the semifinals — his benching became one of the talking points of the tournament.

“It’s one of those things where there’s been so much talk and debate,” Tatum said. “There was a period of is he a superstar or not? Then it was a big debate, like, is he championship ready now? Then it’s like how could he not get in the (Olympics)? I’m like, I just won a championship, it’s the summertime, it might be nice to have a little break where you don’t turn on ESPN and they’re talking about you. But I guess this is part of it, and that may be the level that I’ve reached now in my career.”

Even though he was in the Olympic Village and avoided discussing it publicly while the Games were still going, Tatum was aware of what was happening outside of Paris. And while this was one of the rare times in which the public seemed to have his back, it still wasn’t easy for him.

“It was a lot. In the age of social media, you see everything,” Tatum said during a phone call. “You see all the tweets and the people on the podcasts and people on TV giving their opinion on whether they thought it was a good decision or it was an outrageous decision or whatever. Obviously, I wanted to contribute more, and I’ve never been in (this) situation. I started playing basketball at (age) 3 at the YMCA, and I’ve never not played, so it was different and it was challenging.”

Team USA head coach Steve Kerr attributed his decision to matching up against Nikola Jokić and the big Serbia roster, then proved he meant it by playing Tatum in every remaining game except for the Serbia rematch in the semifinals.

Ironically, his Celtics teammate Jrue Holiday was a beneficiary of Tatum’s benching as he started those matchups against Serbia. But Holiday said Wednesday he felt the whole situation might have been blown out of proportion with the amount of coverage it got across the basketball world.

“When you see it everywhere all the time and people are talking about it and I’m hearing about it all the time, I’m like, ‘Man, I can only just imagine what he’s going through,'” Holiday said. “I feel like he enjoyed himself and I feel like that’s a part of the experience, is enjoying it. I hope he got a chance to (enjoy) it, because I did. It’s fun to play with him and (Derrick) White, but then it’s also fun to play with some of the best players ever.”

“I wasn’t moping around. I didn’t have an attitude. I wasn’t angry at the world,” Tatum said. “I stayed ready and did what was asked of me and I won a gold medal, right?”

Beyond the rotation limitations, there was another reason for Tatum to get knocked down the depth chart. After shooting lights out in the second half of the regular season, he has been on the worst cold streak of his career since the playoffs began.

“I know I didn’t make a jump shot when I was with Team USA. I don’t know, law of averages,” Tatum said. “It’s a weird rhythm thing being with Team USA; you never exactly know when you’re gonna get the ball. But that’s part of it. You sign up for that because I’ve done it before (at the Tokyo Games).”

Tatum and those around him have maintained he is not injured and hasn’t lost confidence in his shot. Though he shot 28.3 percent from deep in the playoffs and missed every jumper he took while on Team USA, he said he’s been playing basketball long enough that he’s not worried about getting back on track by October.

“I have two (gold medals) now, I have a championship, and everything doesn’t necessarily go the way you expect it to go, right?” Tatum said. “I’ve learned to be like, ‘OK, that’s a part of it.’ You move on, and I’m getting ready to enjoy the last little weeks I have before the season starts and get ready for another season.”

Tatum’s summer has been full of success on and off the court. He was named the NBA 2K25 cover athlete, he has a children’s book coming out Sept. 10, and he signed the largest contract extension in NBA history (for now).

Things have finally slowed down, so Tatum can focus on spending the rest of the summer with his 6-year-old son Deuce before he starts first grade. As Tatum continues to learn how to handle the increasingly bright spotlight, his son is starting to understand who his father is to the rest of the world.

“Being at school, I guess, made him realize how big of a deal it was (for) us winning a championship or competing for it,” Tatum said. “He just thought that was normal until he went to school and people are talking about the Celtics and us winning and us trying to compete for a championship. I think he realized the magnitude of that, being around kids his age and even the older kids in fourth, fifth grade.”

Last season he would show up to Deuce’s school often to spend time with his son’s classmates and teachers. Tatum said he loved reading to his son’s class as the kids got excited. Deuce got a taste of what it was like to be his dad when he was the talk of his school as a kindergartner. While his son is growing up fast, Tatum said he’s is learning as a parent to let go.

“I’m not gonna lie, I was nervous, at first, to send him to school,” Tatum said. “Just because you’re putting your most prized possession, your own child, in the care of somebody else five days a week, which is obviously a normal thing. Kids go to school. But at first, I was nervous.”

Once Deuce starts school, Tatum can turn his attention to his day job. His goal for the Celtics is to make sure they don’t lose their sense of urgency next season. He said they will have to fight the urge to be complacent, something they succeeded with last year under Joe Mazzulla.

The Celtics were fitted for their rings two weeks ago, and Tatum said everyone was excited by the process. When the team came into the facility earlier this month, he told everyone they needed to make sure their title celebration was short-lived once the games began.

“I’m of the mindset that after ring night, in a weird way, we got to put that behind (us),” he said. “Last year was last year. We did it. It was a dream come true. We worked our ass off for it. But after ring night, we gotta move on. We gotta get ready for game two.”

Tatum and the Celtics came up short so many times in the past before finally breaking through this summer. Just one championship changed their reputations and perspective, even though they came so close so many times.

But this summer wasn’t perfect for Tatum. With all his success came a humbling experience as well. Those moments in prior seasons helped hone him into the Celtics’ best player, a now officially championship-caliber superstar. So the Team USA benching, even if it may have been blown out of proportion in the grand scheme of things, may benefit Tatum in the long run.

“I’m always a glass-half-full type of guy,” he said. “I always believe everything happens for a reason and whatever that is, I don’t know yet. But I’m certain I’ll find out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5729821/2024/08/29/jayson-tatum-team-usa-benching-boston-celtics/?campaign=10910357&source=targeted_email&userId=14483357

29/08/2024, 19:08
Profilo
Rispondi all’argomento   [ 880 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59